Join the club
To join LRCC we are in the process of setting up a club manager system for on line applications and renewals. However in the meantime to join for the first time please download, print and complete the membership form below and bring to any club night with Annual fee. Rates are Under 18 £5 over 18 £16 over 70 £5 over 80 free
Currently if you wish to renew existing membership you can also pay by bank transfer. Ring Me Steve wakefield on 07870 271694 for bank details
LINDSEY ROADS CYCLING CLUB
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Club shall be called the “Lindsey Roads Cycling Club” and may be affiliated to Cycling UK, British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials, Lincolnshire Road Riding Association and the British Schools Cycling Association and any other regional or national cycling organisation as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
2. The aims of the club shall be:- to promote and participate in cycle racing under the rules of the affiliated bodies.
To organise social club runs and various club and inter club social activities and generally support and promote the sport of cycling.
3. The management of the club shall be by an executive committee elected annually to serve for one year and consisting of:- Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, and eight others to make a maximum of twelve committee members. Other posts within the club, for example, Club Coach, Time Trial Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Press Secretary, etc shall usually, but not necessarily, be committee members.
4. The committee to meet on the first Monday of each month, five members to form a quorum. Any member absent from three consecutive monthly meetings, without offering reasonable explanation prior to the date of the meeting, shall be deemed to have resigned. The committee may then co-opt a club member to fill the vacancy.
5. First Claim Members only shall be eligible as club officials.
6. Membership shall be open to both sexes.
7. Club colours shall be orange and white. Racing shorts colour and the any relief panels to comply with current national regulations.
8. Applicants for membership shall submit for consideration, by the Executive Committee, a completed application form endorsed by two club members as proposer and seconder, together with the annual subscription. If membership is rejected then the subscription to be returned.
9. The annual subscription to the Club shall be as agreed at the Annual General Meeting and reviewed annually.
10. The Club’s membership year shall run from 1st January to 31st December. New members elected after 30th September shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership up to 31st December the following year.
11. Any member failing to pay subscriptions by 31st March shall be deemed to have resigned and be forfeit of all rights and privileges of membership. Members wishing to resign shall notify the Membership Secretary prior to 31st December.
12. Members shall at all times conduct themselves in a manner conducive to the good name of the Club.
13. Members competing in or organising events under the rules of affiliated and non-affiliated organisations, must be familiar with the rules covering the events, and to act in compliance with the rules at all times.
14. The committee shall have the power to adjudicate, at their discretion (including expulsion) on any complaint of misconduct, received either verbally or in writing, against a member being in contravention of rules 12 or 13. A committee quorum (rule 4) shall be called within fourteen days to hear the complaint, the member concerned being given the opportunity to be present. The committee’s decision shall be final and binding.
15. The Club’s financial year shall be from 1st October to 30th September, after which date the Honorary Treasurer shall prepare the balance sheet and subsidiary accounts, which shall be audited by an independent professional auditor.
16. The Annual General Meeting shall usually be held in November, members shall be notified at least fourteen days beforehand. Items for inclusion on the agenda to reach the Honorary Secretary at least seven days prior to the meeting and each item to be endorsed by a proposer and seconder.
17. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Executive Committee, or alternatively by the Honorary Secretary, upon receipt of a request in writing by seven members, subject to only seven days notice in writing being given to all members.
18. No amendment to or deletion of the rules shall be made, except with at least two thirds of the members present at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting called for this purpose, notice to be given in writing seven days prior to the meeting together with a copy of the proposed amendment(s).
19. The Executive Committee shall be empowered to settle any dispute for which there is no provision in the foregoing rules and on such matters the Executive Committee’s decision shall be binding to all parties.
Lindsey Roads Cycling Club takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with.
What personal data we hold on you
When you register as a member of Lindsey Roads CC or renew your membership we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
• Contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth and phone numbers
• Emergency contact details – emergency contact name and phone number Why we need your personal information
The reason we need your personal data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for. We may use our members personal information for:
• sharing data with committee members to provide you with news and information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
• club newsletter promoting club activity
• publishing of race and competition results
• recording of sporting achievements of club members may be retained in results, club records, minutes of Committee meetings, newsletters, articles on the club website and print clippings (newspapers, magazines etc.) after the member has left Lindsey Roads CC.
• Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Other uses of your personal information
• We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
• From time to time at races and club events photographs may be taken of club members by individuals who may or may not be members of the club. These are often posted on social media platforms or may just be held by the taker.
• On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. any non-member participant who fills in the signing on sheet at a reliability ride). This information will be stored for 12 months after an event and then destroyed securely (apart from race results which will be kept for historical purposes). How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our committee members only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club in an online database which is password protected and managed by the club membership secretary.
Lindsey Roads CC does not supply any personal data it holds for this purpose to any third party.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 1 year.
You have a right to:
• Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
• Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
• Request that we delete your personal information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.